Hurricanes and tropical storms are causing millions of dollars in wind and water damage on the Gulf Coast – can your property weather the storm? Z6 Commissioning’s engineering services for windstorm & stormwater resistant construction ensures your property meets the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) requirements and remains eligible for inexpensive insurance coverage. Our TDI appointed Texas-licensed engineers examine the materials and installation methods used on your property to certify that it will be capable of resisting damage from severe weather.
Services for Residential Homes
- Design for site drainage and structural contract documents
- Component and cladding product review and recommendations to meet TDI requirements
- Inspections to certify the installation and complete the process for TDI compliance
Services for Commercial and Institutional Buildings
- Review of Construction Documents and Specifications
- Submittal review for sealed shop drawings and calculations, or test reports and product evaluations for wind load analysis and all components and cladding, including:
- Steel/concrete structure
- Wall cladding assemblies
- Roofing and roof-related metal
- Rooftop equipment
- Miscellaneous (signage, cameras, lights, etc.)
- Preconstruction meeting to review accepted shop drawings, coordinate inspections, and ensure compliance
- Site visits to inspect installation and confirm compliance with contract documents and accepted submittals
- Review of other entities inspection reports related to structure
Our Windstorm Inspections verify compliance with the design plans, the local Building Department and local building codes to provide greater protection during hurricane and other severe weather events.
After completion of the survey, our clients receive a final TDI summary and Certificate of Compliance (WPI-8). This certifies that the project is eligible for windstorm insurance through the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA)
Both commercial and residential sectors are potentially eligible for insurance premium discounts or credits from your insurance company. Submit your windstorm inspection report from Z6 Commissioning and start saving!
Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
Meet Our TDI Appointed Engineers
Jeff Bishop, P.E., LEED Green Associate
Quality Control Manager
Jeff’s insight and specialization proved to be a vital asset in gaining a coveted ISO/IEC accreditation for the testing laboratory and field operations.
Scott Leimer, P.E.
Vice President, Stormwater Authority Division
Scott led the Levee Safety Program in an area spanning across 50,000 square miles, containing more than 1,000 miles of channels, and serving 28 ports and 700 miles of coastline.